Sunday, June 17, 2012

Dominique WaterSinger Goodall Talks About Her Favorite Book/Author

Image DetailI was drawn into the world of wolves by an author named David Clement-Davies and his book The Sight. I was caught by the way they had personalities, struggles and strife that almost matched the problems we ourselves suffer with. Caught in the threat her half-sister, Morgra represents, a brave pack struggle to find a place where their Alpha female Palla may give birth free from fear.

When she gives birth to two pups, one white and one black, her old nurse begins to worry. As the cubs grow, Brassa teaches them the way she taught Palla and Skop, the brother to the Drappa. As the pups near the time for their first hunt, they are joined by Skop and Kar, a pup who is alone in the world after his brothers are taken under Morgra’s edict.

There was something about this book that literally captivated me. Even more so when I read the sad follow up, Fell. Larka’s brother is suffering from loneliness. The events of The Sight had meant that he doesn’t know how to interact with those who may have provided him with the companionship he needs.

Both books are amazing for those who would love to read about things from the point of view of the animals. The slight superstitious theme made it so that all those who love the more paranormal theme are pleased too. It taught me a lot about growing up and how I want to be known after everything I’ve done.

The Sight and the sequel, Fell are two books which I fell in love with a long time ago, and stay in love with now.

Moving on to the author, David Clement-Davies – I’ve actually spoken to him and he is a very down to earth British writer. He was fun, gave some helpful advice about my own writing and doesn’t hesitate to talk to his fans – something which is important to me. I still talk to him now, and he offers insights into things and I will be sure to keep in touch with him all throughout my publishing endeavours.



Dominique Goodall is the author of the soon to be released Echoes of Winter, book one in the Seasons of the Wolf series and a self-confessed wolf addict. She has currently been published in two anthologies by Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing and is currently working on getting herself better known by sending in manuscripts for as many different anthologies as she possibly can.

As much as she loves to admit it, she never will be able to count her wolf stuff- there's nothing left for her to be truly able to collect without her own home.

She can be friended on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/WaterSinger

4 comments:

  1. Inspiring! Best of luck, Dominique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic. I love that you contacted the author and found out what so many fans have found out - authors love talking to their readers. Fantastic post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post!
    I love your cover art! :)

    ReplyDelete