Saturday, May 25, 2013

Stop Hearing Loss Bullying Video

I've spoken a few times of Author Shanna Groves, her new book, Confessions of a Lip Reading Mom, and how I met her in at the Deaf Cultural Center where we talked about a video she was putting together.

I'm pleased to say, she did it! She had an incredible and thought-evoking video made to boost awareness of hearing loss and the bullying that sadly, too often comes with it.

Take a moment this week and ask yourself: How do I treat those who are different from me? How do I speak to them? What message do my actions send my children?


Watch the video. Thank you for your interest and be sure to visit lipreadingmom.com to find out what more you can do. And do leave a comment. My quotes and pictures are in this too. I'd love to know what you think.

4 comments:

  1. Tara - This video would not have been possible without you. Your words and photos caused me to nod my head and say, "Yep. Tara gets it." Your contributions are so appreciated...and important.

    Shanna Groves
    Stop Hearing Loss Bullyi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for putting it together and for including me. It was a great honor to be in it. :)

      Delete
  2. I think this is a great video and very eye opening to anyone who takes the time to watch it! So glad to know you. :)

    ReplyDelete