Friday, October 18, 2013

I Dream of Johnny by Juliet Madison

I Dream of JohnnyI loved JM's Fast Forward so I was really looking forward to reading this. It's a really cute premise with a terrific moral. And I love when there's a moral. You can pick up pointless entertainment anytime, but how often does it leave you sitting there after the last page going, hmmmm, I need to remember that myself...?

A young woman just getting over a breakup can have three wishes of her choice, thanks to a pink digital genie lamp.

And though the wishes come true...well...think about it. If you don't cook the meal, can you be proud of it? If you have it all, what's there left to strive to be?

And that's all I'm going to say about that. The humor in the story comes in the form of a man who just embarrasses the heroine like crazy, but also makes her the happiest she's been a while.

But...he's not Johnny. And I'm going to leave it at that. This was a short read and so I'm making it a short review. I'd hate to give too much away. Suffice it to say, it's a cute story with a strong moral and it will leave you smiling and feeling warm inside. You may even take a long look at your own life and be a bit more grateful.

My only quibble: While it was cute and made me smile, I didn't actually laugh my butt off as I did when I read Fast Forward.

I got this via Netgalley.



No comments:

Post a Comment