Thursday, September 20, 2012

Please Welcome Lauren Clark, Author of Dancing Naked in Dixie

I had the pleasure of reading Dancing Naked in Dixie and reviewed it here on Book Babe. Now, I have the author visiting to answer a few questions I had while reading it. Please welcome Lauren Clark.

Me: The heroine is a travel writer. I'm so jealous. But, tell me, what's the most exotic place you have ever traveled to?

Lauren: The most exotic place I've visited is Germany. I went several years ago in December with my girlfriend and loved it! We landed in Frankfurt, traveled to Heidelberg (gorgeous), visited Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria, and then rode the tram to the top of the Zugspitze, the highest peak in Germany with an altitude of 10,000 feet. The people were so friendly, the food was delicious, and everything was festive and decorated for the holidays.

Me: The most...po dunk? LOL Feel free to share an experience/impression.

Lauren: Wow. I've been to A LOT of teeny, tiny towns. I grew up in a village of 2,000 people, went to school in the same K-12 building, and graduated with 120 other students. I would have to say that Florala, Alabama, is one of the most memorable small places I've visited. I was in sales for a few years and remember visiting a doctor's office--the television was on and "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" came on. The entire waiting room was riveted, everyone's mouth was hanging open. I don't think anyone blinked for ten minutes. Pretty hilarious.

Me: The Alabamans in Dancing Naked in Dixie love their college football so much, they even name their children after coaches. Are you into College football? Have a favorite team?

Lauren: I have to say that this way a brand-new experience for me when I moved from New York to Alabama. Everyone is in two "camps" ... The University of Alabama (Roll Tide) or Auburn University (War Eagle). My husband attended Alabama and played football there--we are season ticket holders and attend quite a few of the home games. It's a lot of fun and it's hard not to get caught up in all of the excitement, especially since the team has done so well the last few years. I do admire UA's brilliant coach, Nick Saban, for running a tight program, demanding excellence on the field and off, and disciplining players who get out of line.

My favorite team is The Ohio State University. I went to graduate school there and loved living in Columbus. The stadium is amazing (huge) and the marching band is excellent!

Me: Ella Rae is a little demon; throwing rocks, spilling tea on people. But it's revealed: "I was the same way, a little out of control, on the edge of everyone's nerves..." And it's possible Ella Rae has ADHD. Do you have experience with this yourself? Did you behave like Ella Rae at some point in your life?

Lauren: You'll have to ask my mom for all of the details, but I was pretty headstrong. I once ran away from my mother in a department store and rode the elevator until one of the employees found me. Another time, my mom found me eating a moth (I think I was two) and when she tried to take it away from me, I tried to bite her!!

My older son was diagnosed with ADHD at age seven, but most of the symptoms have disappeared as he's gotten older (he's now 15 and has turned into a fine young man).

Me: Historical landmarks/buildings are a theme in Dancing Naked in Dixie. What's the most fascinating historical site you have been to? Feel free to share a picture. What was so great about it?

Lauren: My family has always traveled, so I've visited some really great places. One of the most fascinating was The World Trade Center--and I'd consider it historic, as it doesn't exist anymore. My mom just showed me a photo taken on the top floor observation deck. I remember being absolutely terrified because the windows were floor to ceiling!!

Me: What does Shug look like? Who did you visualize?

Lauren: Tall, Soft-spoken, dark-haired, and handsome!!  I've thought about Patrick Dempsey and Channing Tatum, but settled on the dreamy Chris Pine or Ian Somerhalder.

Thanks so very much for having me on your site, Tara! I LOVE hearing from readers and welcome questions and comments about Dancing Naked in Dixie, writing, and publishing.    xx, Lauren


Lauren Clark is the author of Stay Tuned and Dancing Naked in Dixie. She writes contemporary novels set in the Deep South; stories sprinkled with sunshine, suspense, and secrets.

A former TV news anchor, Lauren adores flavored coffee, local book stores, and anywhere she can stick her toes in the sand. Her big loves are her family, paying it forward, and true-blue friends. Check out her website at www.laurenclarkbooks.com.




Find more about Lauren here:

Facebook Lauren Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment