Friday, December 21, 2012

Kick Ass by Maggie Shayne, Angela Knight, Jacey Ford, MaryJanice Davidson

Kick AssAn anthology of four stories ranging from conrom to paranormal, all featuring kick ass heroines. How could I resist?

In The Bride Wore A .44, we are introduced to a woman about to get married. She's suffered severe head trauma and doesn't remember much of anything before her current life, in which she just believes everything her mother tells her. She even wears the clothes her mother buys her. But when it all falls into place, she discovers she's an agent about to marry the bad guy. What will she do? Full of fighting, shoot outs, sweet revelations, I really enjoyed this one. Def my kind of heroine. Implausible? Totally, but this is the kind of book one sits down and reads for fun.

The second story by Mary Janice Davidson is about an albino vampire hunter, her geeky and accidental sidekick, a vampire stand up comedian, and an assassination job. It's just plain wonderfully funny. I'm not into vampires, but this, I loved. My fave vampire story ever! From the names the heroine called everyone to the funny sayings to the all black chess pieces, it's just a riot. No real romance. The romance was weak, but I didn't care. This was my favorite.

If I was rating those two stories, it would be a five. The last two...to be completely fair, the third story is science fiction and I skipped it. I'm just really not into people changing species and stuff. Reviews on Goodreads and such claim that's the one of them all though, so don't let this deter you.

The fourth story threw too much at me at once. Three brothers, a super model/CIA agent I didn't like, and a male CIA agent. It lost my interest quick. I had to read the brothers' passage twice to figure out who was who and what was going on.

Three bikes for this overall. I got this on paperback swap.



No comments:

Post a Comment