Sunday, April 8, 2012

Prohibited Passion by Alyssa Linn Palmer

Prohibited PassionMore of a romance than an erotic. Major points for that. I'm not into more sex than story. I thought the story to sex ratio was perfect. The characters were engaging and realistic though the romance was a tad rushed.

Major thumbs up for uniqueness. A f/f romance in a town and a time that didn't tolerate such things. The sideline story is bootlegging/thugs. You got a minister's daughter, Ruth, who knows she's different (I'd have liked this dwelled on more.) and she immediately falls for a woman passing through with her gangster boyfriend. Gangster boyfriend gets mad and forces Ruth to help him with his bootlegging operation. Things go seriously wrong...

More points for not conforming to everyone's expectation of a HEA. Frankly, I'm sick to death of HEAs. Life isn't always a HEA. Let's be realistic.


I enjoyed it, was surprised at the short length. I love shorties, but in this instance, I think it could have been longer. Not by too much, just a bit more so the romance wasn't so quick. 


Three bikes. I bought this on Amazon Kindle. 







No comments:

Post a Comment