Saturday, April 14, 2012

A Proper Lady's Gypsy Lover by Juliet Chastain

A Proper Lady's Gypsy LoverHaving read this author's The Captain and the Courtesan and enjoyed it, I bought this as soon as it was made available. I sat down and read it in a sitting as it's another novelette.

I liked this because we have a headstrong heroine who does not want to marry against her will and thwarts suitors at every turn because her heart belongs to another...but he's a gypsy, and her oh so proper aunts won't let her see him. Imagine Lucy Ann's surprise when Liberty shows up at a dance dressed as a gentleman!

But he's not a gentleman. He's trying to weasel money from the rich. He loves her and yet spurns her to save her. There's no future for them...is there? Well, there could be, but they'll have to make one for themselves.

Well written, engaging, and just a good, simple romance. I recommend it for when you just want to escape briefly to another time, place, and to a fictional character's problems. Or for when you need that HEA and soon. Stories like this are what I like to call "spirit lifters."

Four bikes. I think it could have been fleshed out a bit more.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Tara - I don't know how you feel about blog awards but I nominated you for the Lucky Se7en on my blog - http://eugeniaoneal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete