Monday, May 6, 2013

Stuck on You (Reality TV Romances) by Heather Thurmeier

Stuck on YouI didn't enjoy this one as much as the first one: Falling for You. The TV show itself in this book...was a bit a dull. It's just people driving and hiking all day...and one dramatic injury by another team.


But Heather throws in some drama: a romance between competitors Paige and Miles, a prosthetic leg and a tragic story in the past that has Miles feeling loads of guilt and responsibility, a secret brother/sister relationship that just throws a surprise twist.

I wasn't as entertained though. As I said above, the challenges and the show itself just struck me as boring. I'd have liked to have seen some trivia questions, riddles, or something a bit more challenging than simply driving and walking thrown at these people.

The thing that irritated me the most though is Paige, the heroine. She's a feminist's worst nightmare. She risks her ankles everyday hiking in 5-inch high heels just to get a man's attention, not to mention buys a bra that shows off her assets. I just lost a lot of respect for her. I don't have much respect at all for women who want me checking out their bodies constantly rather than respecting their minds. So this really put me off and got on my nerves after a while. I mean, I'm not adverse to dressing nic and donning some heels, but a hiking expedition? Um...errr...dumb much?

However, I'm sensing a real interesting story behind Zoe despite her also being one of those ditzy women in heels. I'm feeling there's more to her than meets the eye so I'm looking forward to book three.

Three bikes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment