Friday, October 25, 2013

Starstruck in Seattle by Juliet Madison

Starstruck in SeattleThe problem with wowing your audience with an amazing book is your readers will expect that kind of writing and story from you all the time. Having loved Fast Forward and liked I Dream of Johnny, I was a tad disappointed with this one. I liked it, but not near as much.

As Ms. Madison has been dubbed the "Queen of RoMagic Comedy"...I expected to laugh out loud more than once. I did with Fast Foward, numerous times. I didn't find anything funny about this one though. It's cute, don't get me wrong; just doesn't have a big impact on me. It won't stay with me.

In a nutshell: a small-time actress has a huge crush on a big-time co-star, but he's a bit of a lady's man... Is her star-crush blinding her to other possibilities? An angel comes down to try to fix things by tugging on her ear and chewing her fingernails.

The angel business was cute. She even has an aPhone. (Angel phone).

I appreciated the theme/moral. It's good food for thought. Especially here:

"...you will know you are with your soulmate when you can simply be yourself. Your soulmate will bring the best out in you. They will enhance the beauty and uniqueness already there."

I don't normally have quibbles with novellas. Sometimes it's all I have time for. BUT I think the whole Angel thing could have been expanded some and it could have become funnier as a result.

I received this via Netgalley.




No comments:

Post a Comment