Monday, October 15, 2012

Interview with Linda Andrews

Please welcome Linda Andrews, the author of Brianna. She's here to talk about her newest book release. 

BriannaBlurb:
Love, lies, and an ancient Egyptian curse. Brianna Grey holds the key to mankind’s destruction and someone is willing to kill for it. Having spent most of her life dying of consumption, one man’s kiss has resurrected her desire to live. For US Treasury Agent, Duncan Stuart, love means death. He works alone, lives alone and plans to die alone until he meets Brianna again. Under the harsh Egyptian sun, Duncan will break all his rules to save her but will it be enough to overcome the secrets that could get them both killed?


Book Babe: Fiona, Gillian, Brianna...three sisters, three books, three heroines.
Which one is more like you and why?

Linda: I think there are pieces of me in each of them. But I guess I'm most like
Briana in that when I was young I had a physical handicap that kept me
from doing a lot of things I wanted. While Brianna had to wait to recover
from Consumption, I only had to wait until I was old enough for surgery.
After that, nothing would hold me back or tell me I couldn't do something
again. I don't think it is a bad motto to live by, but it definitely gave
my mom a few gray hairs.


Book Babe: Gillian goes after Jack the Ripper. Brianna a quest to Egypt. Fiona
goes to London searching for missing family members. Which adventure would
you rather go on?

Linda: I would love to go on a gourmet adventure around the world. Trying new
dishes and ways to cook it and grow it. Not would many consider it
dangerous:-)

Book Babe: Brianna talks to her cat, who is much more than a cat...do you talk to
your pets?

Linda: Yes,  currently have four cats and one dog. Bear, my dog, never lets
anything slip but the cats are another matter. And they definitely talk
back. Fat Charlie is very loud and will wake everyone up if I don't pet
him. Shadow yells at me if I forget her treats. The cats will all tell you
they are gods or prisoners.

Book Babe: What was the hardest scene to write?

Linda: I always have the hardest time writing the love scenes. Frankly, I'm
pretty sure I blush throughout them. That and check over my shoulder to
see if my kids are trying to read over mine.

Book Babe: How was the editing process for you? Was it a learning experience?
Some actually like edits, the more comments, the more progress authors
feel they make. Some pull their hair out. Which are you?

Linda: I like editing. It's mostly small things here and there. Thankfully, I've
never had an edit where I've had to rewrites scenes or plot points. But
those edits are the final polish that make a munscript something special.

Book Babe: What movie stars would you cast for a movie of this book?

Linda: I would pick Bridgit Fonda for Brianna and, for Duncan, I'd pick Joe Flannery

Book Babe: Did you have a picture nearby for inspiration as you wrote this? Did

you listen to a special soundtrack?

Linda: I actually have their pictures printed out but I keep them pasted in a
notebook. As for music, I have an MP3 player that I listen to when I
write. I add songs for every book I write, but I don't delete them.

Book Babe: What's in your writing future?

Linda: Although, I'm finishing up an apocalyptic series, I am under contract to
write 3 more holiday stories for Zumaya Publications. The Christmas and
Halloween books are already out and the Valentine's Day book will be out
next year.

Book Babe: Kingslee, Aidan, Duncan are the heroes of this series. Which one did
you find yourself falling in love with?

Linda: I always fall in love with the hero that I'm currently writing. But I have
to admit Duncan is my favorite. It's his rather understated sense of
humor, protective natures and accent. Alas, he doesn't wear a kilt
otherwise he'd be perfect.




No comments:

Post a Comment